Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Activity 1 1/11/11 How do I learn?


Describe something that you have learned.

I learned how to put a new alternator in a car.

How did that process occur?
            I learned this by first observing how it was done, I would watch my brother take out and put in new alternators; while paying attention to the things that he needed to take off of the engine before taking out the old alternator and putting in the new alternator. I had to pay close attention to the tools that needed to be used for certain tasks and the order in which certain parts needed to be taken apart. Then I began to help my brother with little tasks while he would take the old alternator out and also help with little tasks while putting the new alternator in. I had to help him remove the belt, and help with certain tools when there was more than one tool needed for the certain part. One day, my alternator went out in my own car. With a lot of observing and helping with my brother it was now time for me to be put to the test. I then would have to take out and put in a new alternator in my own car. Throughout the process of taking out the old and putting in the new, my brother then quizzed me on what tools I would need and what needed to be done next.

No comments:

Post a Comment